Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Surprise Baby Shower


My coworkers threw me a surprise baby shower last week...this diaper cake was one of my gifts. Of course it didn't take long for Rhonen to destroy it, I think it lasted all of 12 hours in our house. At least I got a picture first :) I had been telling everyone that I didn't NEED a baby shower, we have everything (with the exception of a double stroller) we need for this second baby. But I forgot about the excitement and celebration a baby shower can bring! It's about more than clothes, diapers and toys. It's about enjoying these last days of pregnancy (as much as humanly possible) and reveling in the idea of bringing home a new little life. All of the gifts were great but I am mostly thankful for the time to reflect and celebrate the arrival of our second son.

No comments:

Post a Comment