Sunday, September 5, 2010

Froggy

One day Rhonen woke up from his nap and pointed to his stuffed animals that were lined up in his room. He clearly was asking for one specific animal...this frog. Since that day, "froggy" has been a staple in his day. He needs froggy to take a nap and go to sleep at night. He also likes to carry him around the house.

This frog also has a little history within our family. When we were living with Dustin's sister and her family in Scott's Valley we found out we were expecting. A few months later, we decided to move back to Chico. Dustin had to go to Chico for a month before I could join him. Imagine, first pregnancy, tons of hormones, without my love! The end result was me...an emotional, pregnant mess! Dustin came to visit me for the weekend and after he left I was so sad. I felt alone and hated being away from him! Later that day, our sweet niece Ekite brought me this frog to help me feel better. I ended up sleeping with this frog every night I was away from Dustin and it did make me feel better.

So I wonder... did Rhonen bond with the frog while he was in the womb? It sounds crazy I know, but it amazes me that out of 15 different stuffed animals he chose this frog. The sweet love from our niece has become this sweet love from my son. Whatever the rhyme or reason, I'm glad Rhonen has a friend to cuddle with :)

No comments:

Post a Comment