Friday, July 17, 2009

Fun New Toy



We got Rhonen a activity gym last week because he seemed to be ready for a new toy. When we first set it up and put him down on to the mat, he was a little overwhelmed. The whites of his eyes could be seen from across the room! So we took down most of the toys along the bars and now he is much happier. Some of the baby toys are designed to stimulate all of the senses at once, which seems like it would be sensory overload for a baby. So we are going to slowly add the toys back one at a time, so he can get used them. For now he is content with his musical sun! I think the little coughs are his attempt at laughter because he has been doing it a lot lately.

1 comment:

  1. oh I love his little coughs! I remember Adelaide used to do that...I think she still does if she wants attention and we don't give it to her =) We have the exact same playmat - and I think it really is the BEST one! Adelaide still uses it, eventhough she can crawl right off of it now. I have gotten so many of hours to myself from that thing. Yay - I love the video!!

    ReplyDelete