Friday, July 3, 2009

Rhonen's first wedding...















Last weekend Rhonen and I went to his first wedding reception. Dustin had to work so it was just the two of us and Grandpa Steve. It was held at our friend Helen's house, the same place Dustin & I got married! Unfortunately it was incredibly hot and we had to stay inside for most of the party. Then Rhonen got some gas bubbles and it went downhill from there. He has never cried so hard in his short life. It was awful to watch! Luckily I had Grandpa there to help and there were several mom's and grandma's who offered their support. Looking back, he seemed little unsure from the beginning. But he sure looked cute in his little Hawaiian shirt!

2 comments:

  1. Oh good job Ellie! Those first gas problems can be scary. My midwife told me to stay really calm and relaxed and just hold the baby and whisper that it's going to be okay. Also the "tiger in the tree" pose is helpful? Or pushing the legs up to the tummy also seems to help. I'm sure you did great. I love his little shirt. He is really growing! I hope you guys are staying cool down there...I'm sure it can't be easy =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so cute!!! We saw him on July 4th and he is already so much bigger!
    I remember one time we took Levi to San Fran when he was about 9 weeks old and he started screaming so loud when we got to the hotel (I think due to gas bubbles) but I never completely figured it out. Anyway, it was kind of stressful at the time, but then he fell asleep and was fine the next day (and loved being in a new place). Good job to you for going out with baby on your own.

    Hope to see you guys soon! Call or email me if you want to come over or meet at the park someday!!

    ReplyDelete